Sunday 6 February 2005

Hello? Anyone there?

Who on earth thought it would be a good idea to take people from pillar to post when they phone a big company? “Press this if you have a blah blah phone. Press 1 for xxxx; press 2 for yyyy. Press 14 for &%^$*().” I’m so fed up! And then, if you’re lucky you get to talk to someone in a call centre in India, who doesn’t have a clue where you live or how to solve your problem. Aaaargh!

Also I’d like to slap companies that force one to use the Internet to book stuff. The other day I spent 45 minutes trying to book theatre tickets. I used to make a quick phone call, now I have 20 minutes to finalize my booking otherwise the seats go back on the market and I’ve lost them. Twenty minutes sounds quite a long time, but it doesn’t take into account that not everyone has broadband and you can be disconnected at some point and have to try and go back to that page and …. oh, I can’t stand it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you do that too?! They're going to cotton on at some point aren't they? The Barbican booking system is so much better: the auditorium plan is marked with what seats are available and you make your choice. Much easier.

    Actually I have no sympathy for Luddites - this is the 21st century and I don't understand anyone who doesn't want to be part of it, but I do feel for older people who find it difficult to use the new technology (although I used to teach computer and Internet skills to the over-50s and the eager ones had no problems whatsoever).

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.